A collection of tools, notes, links and more I hope you’ll find useful.
You may also want to checkout the Projects page.
- Brute-force calculator online (*) - Dummy-proof utility to calculate how long it takes to brute-force crack your password.
- Copy URL Bookmarklet - in Safari on Mac, copying the URL from the address bar can be tricky. This lets you quickly copy it with just 1 click and a CMD+C. It should work in other browsers, too.
- Quit All Apps for macOS - A tiny application made using Automator to close all open apps at once.
Command line tools
- gen_index.py (*) - Generate an
index.htmlpage with links to files in the same folder. Use case: access files in a folder (e.g. dir with PDFs files) from browser and avoid turning directory listing on in your webserver. Python 2.7.x required.
- Download an entire website (*) - Short bash script. It uses wget.
- YouTube uploader CLI (*) - Quick script to automate video upload from CLI to YouTube. Based on youtube-upload.
Third-party CLI tools I recommend
- PathPicker - Facebook PathPicker is a simple command line tool that solves the perpetual problem of selecting files out of bash output.
- asciinema - Record and share your terminal sessions. Supports copy/paste from the video.
(*) Mantained by me. Please, tell me about your suggestions or any bug you spot.